Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Many a poopy toilet = a great Christmas!

enough of the whiny posts... I wanted to post something more uplifting and fun, but I have nothing. So I decided to get a random photo and tell the story about it. Well once I had the app on Facebook determine which photo it should be, I realized I would have to add the entire sequence.

Backstory: This past summer, my 9yr old daughter asked me for an ipod touch for Christmas. I explained to her even if I was able to afford one she would not be getting much else under the tree. She was fine with this. So my task to give her "the best gift ever" began. I started cleaning the office building after my regular job for overtime. It is not an easy task. We have NINE restrooms in the building and let's just say many of the people who use these restrooms are not too hygienic.

I saved up enough money by October and went and bought it. I had to learn how to use the dang thing and all about syncing and adding apps and even had to go buy a router and set it up, so she could play with it immediately. Believe me, I am not technologically savvy by any means and I had a lot of help from my online friends who are much younger than I and into this sort of thing. I imagined I must have felt the same as my grandparents did when they first bought a vcr.

Throughout this time Kia continued to ask if I was going to be able to get her one. I continued to act as if it was almost impossible for me to ever be able to afford it. She was trying everything to figure out a way to get one, even wanting to sign up for "contests" online (you know those flashing ads at the top: click on the monkey & you win an ipod touch).

I had her convinced I was not able to get it for her and even had a huge box under the tree. Even though she wanted the ipod and I am sure was disappointed, she was very excited to see what was in that big box!
Photobucket

Ofcourse I did what any loving mother would do, I hid the ipod in a package of underwear. Wrapped the package up and then continued to re-wrap each box into another and into another.

Her discovering there was another wrapped gift inside:
Photobucket

and another....
Photobucket

yet another...
Photobucket

to finally discover.... a package of underwear! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her expression in this photo. It's as if she's saying "Underwear mom? REALLY?!?!"
Photobucket

She was trying to hide her disappointment and chuckle about it with me... what a good sport. I am such an evil momma! *Muuahhaaahaaahaaaa*
Photobucket

Then onto the discovery (after I told her) that the underwear package was just a little too heavy and tadahhh it held her precious prized possession.... wait for it.... wait for it...

Photobucket

I have to say this was one of the best and most memorable Christmases for me for a long while. Mom, you did good.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! You didn't even tell me about that! See thats what is so great about blogs...we can stay caught up a little better...if we stay faithful in writing that is! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you are such an awesome Mom! I love this post - made me laugh!! I absolutely love the underwear Mom expression, priceless!
    I'll have to keep this idea in mind, this is exactly the kind of fun to play on my own Miss Cassandra.

    ReplyDelete